Monday 4 June 2012

My visit day experience


On the 31st may 2012, I visited a primary school, it was an introduction to my five week placement as part of my three year teacher training degree course. I will not tell you the boring details. I will just tell you what I believe is worth telling.

I was placed in a year two class. The Muslim male class teacher and the children were very friendly and welcoming. During my time in the class, I heard some Muslim children whispering to each other “he is a Muslim”.  After a few minutes, I would hear one or two of them saying Salaam to me and I would reply to them.   

After the break, there was a photo shoot of all the children from year one and year two for the queen’s diamond jubilee celebration in the playground. There I met a Muslim male teacher who had a full beard like me. I recognised him from somewhere, hence we quickly became friends. After enquiring, he said that he also qualified as a teacher from my university. He whispered to me “I don’t approve of these Kufr activities, but what can I do, I have to go along with it”. He also explained “it’s very important for practicing brothers and sisters to come into teaching otherwise they (pointing at the white Non-Muslim head mistress) will mess up the kids’ brains”. I thought what he said was very true. I also thought I should promote the idea of more practicing brothers and sisters coming into teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment