Friday 22 April 2011

Istanbul through my eyes



IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, THE MOST MERCIFUL THE MOST KIND!

My trip to Istanbul was a ‘last minute dot com’ one, with my work colleges. I realized if I visit it, I will return with a mountain of knowledge of historical facts of the previous Islamic and Non-Muslim civilisations in Istanbul and Turkey. Therefore when I was presented with the opportunity of travelling to the home of the last Khilafah with learned scholars and my favourite people, I didn’t think again to accept the offer.

When I went to get my VISA in the Istanbul Airport, the person on the other side of the counter looked at me with a smile and an English learner’s French like accent “Just for you Hajee it is fifty pounds”. I thanked him with a wide smile on my face and said to him my Salaam and proceeded towards the checking point.

That was the first time I realized that when a Turkish man wants talk to a practicing looking Muslim man, he addresses him by saying ‘Hajee’ to show politeness.

......... TO BE CONTINUED. [The next part of my story is coming very soon.]



IF YOU LIKE THIS BLOG AND LEARNT FROM IT, PLEASE TELL OTHERS ABOUT IT SO THAT YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY CAN BENEFIT FROM IT AS MUCH AS YOU DID. IF OTHERS LEARN MORE BEACUSE OF YOU, ALLAH WILL GIVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF REWARDS AS THEM TO YOU. DO NOT LOSE OUT!


Some good ways of informing others is to: = Tell friends when you see them next = Tell others on the facebook or any other social websites or internet forums = To text your friends, specially if you have free texts

No comments:

Post a Comment